I. HƯỚNG DẪN CÁCH HỌC IELTS LISTENING QUA TED
1. Các bước các em phải tuân thủ để cải thiện kĩ năng nghe qua Ted
TRƯỚC KHI NGHE BĂNG
TRONG KHI NGHE BĂNG
II. 9 BÀI TẬP TED LUYỆN TẬP IELTS LISTENING
Bài 1: How I climbed a 3,000-foot (914 meters) vertical cliff without ropes
Độ khó: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bài tập 1: Multiple Choice
( Phần bài tập 1 & 2 này các em có thể nghe 2 lần / mỗi lần làm bài để hoàn thiện cho xong nhé)
1. How many years has Alex been climbing?
a) more than 10
b) more than 20
c) more than 30
d) more than 40
2. What was the problem with climbing Half Dome?
a) it was too easy
b) it was too big
c) it was too alluring
d) it was too far away
3. When Alex came back to climb without a rope, what happened?
a) he was too afraid to climb
b) he did exactly as he did the first time
c) he changed his mind about which way to climb
d) the weather was bad, so he quit
Bài tập 2: Gap-Fill
Fill in the blanks with the words you hear by using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER.
The thing that makes El Cap so ____1____ is the sheer scale of the wall. Most climbers take three to five days to ascend the ____2___ of vertical granite. The idea of setting out up a wall of that size with nothing but shoes and a chalk bag seemed _____3_____. 3,000 feet of climbing represents thousands of _____4_____ hand and foot movements, which is a lot to remember. Many of the moves I knew through ______5_______. I’d climbed El Cap maybe 50 times over the previous decade with a _____6_____. But this photo shows my preferred method of rehearsing the moves. I’m on the summit, about to rappel down the face with _____7______ feet of rope to spend the day practicing. Once I found sequences that felt ______8_____, I had to memorize them. I had to make sure that they were so deeply ingrained within me that there was no ______9_____. I didn’t want to be wondering if I was going the right way or using the best holds. I needed everything to feel _____10_____.
BÀI 2: Super Volcanoes
Bài tập 1: Multiple Choice
( Phần bài tập 1 này các em có thể nghe 2 lần / mỗi lần làm bài để hoàn thiện cho xong nhé)
1. Where did the strange snow fall?
A England and the USA
B Hungary and Italy
C Italy and England
D All over Europe
2. What was the strange phenomenon known as?
A The year without summer
B The year of the Famine
C The year the Apocalypse began
D The year of darkness
3. Which aspect of a supervolcanic eruption makes it the most deadly?
A Earthquakes after the eruption
B Magma destroying everything on its way
C Particles and gases released into the air
D The wind it causes
4. Which of these create a ‘volcanic winter’?
A the cooling temperatures
B Ash and particles blocking out sunlight
C Sulfur dioxide reacting in the stratosphere
D All of the above
5. Where is a volcanic Caldera nowadays?
A Yellowstone National Park
B Mount Vesubio
D The Minx Dynasty
6. Which would be the most devastating effect of another supervolcano?
A we won’t be able to build cannals
B Acid rain
C vegetation would die
D we would have nowhere to run
BÀI 3: Where did English come from?
Hướng dẫn: Bài tập 1 & 2 các em có thể nghe 3 lần /mỗi lần làm bài để hoàn thành bài làm nhé!
Bài tập 1: Summary Completion
Complete the text with NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS in each blank
Words with Latin origins came into English with an invasion of England happening in 1 …………………………. Thanks to this invasion and the new words a new language evolved known as 2………………….. Other languages also added to language mix and it is possible to trace them thanks to 3…………………. Which studies sound patterns and specific vocabulary. Studies in the area have shown that English, brother languages like 4……………….. and 5…………………, descend from Proto Germanic spoken centuries before Christ. This in turn has its 6……………. in an older language spoken in today Ukraine and Russia. However, historical and 7……………………………… won’t allow us to go deeper in the study.
Bài tập 2: Answer TRUE, FALSE or NOT GIVEN for the following statements
1. English shares many words with Italian
2. Beowulf is an example of Old English
3. Words that start with a “pf” sound in German start with “p” in English.
4. The Indo European family compresses all the languages spoken round the world.
5. More than 3 billion people around the world are studying English
BÀI 4: Tại sao chúng ta hay ngáp theo người khác
Bài này các em có thể nghe 2 lần / mỗi lần nghe để hoàn thành bài tập điền từ nhé
Bài tập 1: Watch the video and complete the summary with NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS in each space.
BÀI 5:How to succeed? Get more sleeppppp
Các em nghe bài này 3 lần / 1 lần làm bài nhé!
Bài tập 1: Comprehension Questions
1. What made her rediscover the value of sleep?
2. What is unfortunate for men?
3. Why are leaders making terrible decisions?
4. Why would Lehman Brothers benefit from having more women?
5. What are the benefits of sleep, according to Arianna Huffington?
Bài tập 2: Gap-fill
Watch the video again and fill in the blanks:
1. This is a room of ___________ women.
2. And I began the journey of ____________ the value of sleep.
3. And we women are going to lead the way in this new revolution, this new __________ issue.
4. I was recently having dinner with a guy who __________ that he had only gotten four hours sleep the night before.
5. And they think that means that they are so incredibly busy and __________.
6. We are facing all the multiple __________ in our world at the moment.
Bài tập 3: True or False?
Listen to the material and answer true or false to the following statements:
1. She fainted from exhaustion three and a half years ago.
2. Women are going to lead the revolution in getting more sleep.
3. Many men consider a lack of sleep to be a sign of strength.
4. In Washington DC, most people have breakfast at 8am.
5. Business leaders made terrible decisions because of their low IQs.
6. Ariana Huffington recommends we all get more sleep.
BÀI 6: Nếu bạn không uống nước
Bài này các em sẽ nghe 2 lần / mỗi lần làm bài cho bài tập số 1 & 2 nhé!
Bài tập 1: Sentence Completion
Bài tập 2: Multiple choice
BÀI 7: Tiền có mua được hạnh phúc không???
Bài này các em sẽ nghe 2 lần / mỗi lần làm bài nhé!
Bài tập 1: fill in the blanks. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
The scientists conducted an ______1______ to understand why _____2______ behavior was so common in teenagers, and whether the phenomenon was _______3_______ or not.
Bài tập 2: Comprehension
1/ Why does he think that money usually makes people unhappy?
2/ Describe his experiment.
3/ What were the results of the experiment?
4/ What are the “human universals” that he talks about?
5/ How can generosity help us in business?
6/ What is his conclusion?
7/ What does he suggest that the audience does to make themselves happy?
Bài 8: Dream
Bài tập 1: Complete the sentence with NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS
Ở bài tập 1 các em sẽ nghe 1 lần / 1 lần làm bài
The first people to record their dreams were 1……………….. and 2……………………
Các em có câu hỏi nào cần hỏi IELTS TUTOR không, nếu có thì comment ở dưới để IELTS TUTOR trả lời các em nhé!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!