I. Dùng"complex" như adj
Mang nghĩa"phức tạp, rắc rối, khó hiểu, nhiều cấu tạo, nhiều thứ trong đó"
=Something that is complex has many different parts, and is therefore often difficult to understand.
- ...in-depth coverage of today's complex issues.
- ...a complex system of voting.
- the complex web of relationships between the two families
- This was a complex and difficult task.
- These rules are highly complex.
- ...her complex personality. ...complex machines.
- a complex question /argument /theory (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một vấn đề/lý lẽ/lý thuyết phức tạp)
- a complex molecule/carbohydrate
- a complex network of roads
- a complex procedure
- The company has a complex organizational structure.
- Politics is so complex. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Công việc chính trị thật là rắc rối)
- It makes complex nanotechnology. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nó tạo nên công nghệ nano phức tạp)
II. Dùng"complex" như noun
1. Mang nghĩa"khu liên hợp"
=A complex is a group of buildings designed for a particular purpose, or one large building divided into several smaller areas/a large building with various connected rooms or a related group of buildings:
- a shopping/sports and leisure complex US
- They live in a large apartment complex.
- ...plans for constructing a new stadium and leisure complex.
- ...a complex of offices and flats.
2. Mang nghĩa"sự phức tạp"
=A complex of things is a group or system of things that are connected with each other in a complicated way.
- ...the complex of clans which occupied the land.
- ...the military-industrial complex.
3. Mang nghĩa"nỗi lo sợ ám ảnh"
=If someone has a complex about something, they have a mental or emotional problem relating to it, often because of an unpleasant experience in the past.
- He has a complex about his weight /has a weight complex (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nó luôn luôn lo lắng về sức nặng của cơ thể nó)
- I have never had a complex about my height.
- ...a deranged attacker, driven by a persecution complex.