1. CÁCH DÙNG BE NOT MUCH OF A....
Be not much of a... là 1 idiom thường dùng để miêu tả "mình không giỏi việc gì đó", hoặc "không giống như là"
He's not much of a cook.
It wasn't much of a vacation.
I’m not much of a photographer
That wasn’t much of a lecture.
2. Less of: ít hơn mức độ mình tưởng tượng
- There was less of a crowd where Rachel reached the beach than she had expected.
- She smiled blandly at them and then proceeded to hurl what was more or less of a bombshell at them.
- Getting there is less of a problem if you have a car.
- It is less of a problem than I'd expected.
3. be more of something than something: là cái này hơn là cái kia
- It was more of a holiday than a training exercise.
- The role of the computer analysts may be more of facilitator than designer, helping to realise the users' wishes.
- Inside, the piers were massive and there were more of them than in examples further west.
- The boundaries of the study area are more of convenience than purely zoogeographical, because of the paucity of material from certain regions.
- To my eyes there was more of strength than refinement in the face ...
- There are more of them than there are of us.
- Soon there will be more of us than there are of you.
- There were more of them than there used to be, he was sure of it.
- There was more of everything than there were people.
4. more/less/much of a something: dùng để mô tả tính chất của sự vật, sự việc
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- It was really more of a comment than a question.
- Jet travel has made moving from place to place less of an ordeal.
- Getting tickets for Tuesday shouldn’t be much of a problem.