1. Cách dùng danh từ RENT
- a fixed amount of money that you pay regularly for the use of a room, house, car, television, etc. that someone else owns (tiền thuê.....)
- Danh từ đếm được hoặc không đếm được
- I pay a higher rent/more rent than the other tenants because my room is bigger.
- Rents here are ridiculously high/low.
- The rent is due at the end of the month.
- Tenants who fall behind in their rent risk being evicted.
- We're really struggling to find enough money to pay the rent at the moment.
- My rent is $800 a month inclusive of bills.
- She withheld her rent until the landlord agreed to have the repairs done
for rent: cho thuê (available to rent)
2. Cách dùng động từ RENT
2.1. Nghĩa số 1: thuê cái gì từ ai đó (chỉ có 1 tân ngữ)
If you rent something, you regularly pay its owner a sum of money in order to be able to have it and use it yourself.
- Ví dụ:
- She rents a house with three other girls.
- He left his hotel in a rented car.
- I rented a car from a garage so that I could get about.
- Personnel will help you find a flat to rent.
- She rented a room above a shop.
- We're renting a cottage in Wales for the summer.
- We scoped out the local shops and facilities to see if it would be a good place to rent a flat.
2.2. Nghĩa số 2: cho ai đó thuê cái gì (có 2 tân ngữ)
If you rent something to someone, you let them have it and use it in exchange for a sum of money which they pay you regularly.
Xét ví dụ:
- She rented rooms to university students
- [ + two objects ] The old lady rented me her spare bedroom for £200 a week.
�TO RENT (STH) OUT: CHO THUÊ CÁI GÌ ĐÓ
- He rented out his house while he worked abroad.
- He repaired the boat, and rented it out for $150.
- My Dad has a villa that he rents (out) to tourists.
- The landlord rents the flat out through a letting agency.
3. Cách dùng danh từ Rental
an arrangement to rent something, or the amount of money that you pay to rent something (số tiền thuê nhà, hoặc sự cho thuê)
- Property rental is quite expensive here.
- DVD rentals have decreased this year.
- a car rental company
- Because larger rentals are the hardest to find, tenants snap them up quickly.
- Is that your car or is it a rental?