Hôm nay IELTS TUTOR giới thiệu đến các bạn Chuyên mục - Vocabulary theo Topic. Topic hôm nay là CRIME - một topic cực kì dễ ra trong IELTS WRITING nói chung & bao trùm cả 3 skills còn lại của IELTS luôn nhé!
1. Từ Vựng thường gặp trong IELTS Writing và Speaking Topic Crime
Những từ vựng thuộc topic Crime dưới đây các em có thể dùng được trong IELTS Writing và Speaking luôn nhé!
- He was arrested for burglary
- She was sentenced to 1 year in prison / she was sentence to dealth / she was sentenced to 60 hours of community service ex: For petty crimes, it is preferable to do community service instead of going to prison = to be imprisoned: bị bỏ tù = to be condemned to jail
- She was released and tried to lead a new life : được thả ra
- assassinate (v): ám sát =>assassination
- A thief => to steal => theft: he takes sth that isn’t his ex: he stole some money from his father
- A burglar ==> burglary: he breaks into a building and steals stuff from it (như vậy sự khác nhau giữa theft và burglary là burglary sẽ có hành động đột nhập vào nhà người khác và trộm) ex: My house was burgled by a burglar / a break in: cuộc đột nhập
- A robber => to rob => robbery: he steals from a place while people are still there and usually uses violence) (cướp) he was robbed of all their savings
- A murderer => to murder => murder
- A vandal => to vandalise => vandalism: he likes damaging or destroying public property: phá hoại tài sản công
- Các từ nên học thuộc CAR CRIMES: drinking / drunk driving ex: After 10 beers, William was arrested for drunk driving on his way hoem from the bar, Reckless driving (bất cẩn), speeding ex: My teenage son was caught speeding - he was going 80 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone
- Cyber crime
- Indentity theft
- Credit card fraud
- Hacking ==> to hack ex: people should be wary of cyber criminals who hack into their computers illegally on a global scale
- Cyber bullying ex: Sending someone a threatening text message is an example of cyber bullying => cyber criminals
- Take sth seriously
- Bullies put their victim’s photos on the internet without their knowledge
- Bank robbery
- Pickpocketing ex: a pickpocket has stolen his wallet
- Bribery => corruption => to bribe
- Tax evasion => tax evader => to avade tax
- Money laundering
- Domestic violence
- Drug pushing
- Shopliffter ex: a shoplifter steals things from a shop
- To embezzle => embezzlement: biển thủ công quỷ
- To abide by the law = law-abiding citizens
- To fight crimes
- Antisocial behaviour: không phù hợp với thuần phong mỹ tục
- Motive for crime = động cơ gây án
- Juvenile delinquency => juvenile offences: phạm tội ở thành niên => curb juvenile delinquencies: kiềm hãm phạm tội thành niên
- A repeat offender: kẻ hay vào tù ra tội, phạm tội liên tục
- Provide peace of mind
- Research familial history
- To arrest ex: my partner arrested the man who set fire to the building
- Armed and dangerous : nguy hiểm và có trang bị vũ trang ex: Do not approach the thief if you see him. He is considered armed and dangerous
- Criminal record
- Caught red-handed: bắt quả tang
- Pile-up: tình trạng xe nối đuôi nhau ex: during the snowstorm, there was an eight-car pile-up on the highway
- Be wary of
- Being online makes you instantly vulnerable, so you have to take the right precautions to avoid falling victim to e-crimes => be vulnerable / susceptible to negative peer pressure
- It is advisable not to give away personal information online, unless you trust the source
- Dishonesty and deception are very common online and more often than not, what looks harmless on the surface may hide dangers that could ruin your life (trong đó more often than not = often)
- The role of the prison is to protect innocent people from criminals and to rehabilitate former prisoners back to the society in effective ways
- Instead of putting criminals in solitary confinement, the legal system should be set up in such a way that it trains prisoners to gain qualifications that will help them survive when they get out of prison (vocational training: học nghề)
- Result of inappropriate parenting and a lack of childcare and crime education
- Eliminate the problem from its root
- Social security
- To be a deterrent against sth
- Raise people’s awareness = to heighten people’s intellect
- A civilized society
- Cultivate their skills and abilities: nâng cao năng lực
- Resentment or negative attitude towards study at school
2. Cách Paraphrase từ Crime
3. Đề mẫu luyện tập cho Topic Crime - Law - Government IELTS Writing
Đề mẫu 1
Some people believe more actions can be done to prevent crime, while others think that little can be done. What is your opinion?
Từ vựng và ideas dành riêng cho bài này:
- The rise in the crime rate in the past decades has fueled public worries about the rapidly declining safety of their communities.
- Some people take the position that little can be done to prevent themselves from victimization/persecution
- As opposed to this general pessimism, many people, however, maintain that in combating crimes, people should adopt a proactive approach
- I side with the latter to a larger extent.
- There is no denying that crimes are so widespread and increasingly violent that some people are pessimistic about this situation.
- the widening wealth gap
- criminal activities
- Even some argue that it is human nature to break laws, so all efforts would be in vain eventually.
- Notwithstanding all that, much heavier weight should be attached to the confidence that although crimes can hardly be stopped, they will be prevented from occurring effectively.
- the government can improve the situation by preventive measures against crimes, including launching anti-crime public campaigns and enforcing new laws.
- the combination of imposing tougher laws and training a more effective police force does a great job in deterring potential crimes.
- Security cameras installed in areas with high crime rates can also make offenders easier to be caught, so fewer people would do something illegal.
- the government should strengthen the publicity on mass media throughout the country to alert the public to the threat of crimes and teach citizens self-defense techniques.
- the government should give top priority to education and social security.
- A civilized society is characterized by a high literacy rate and a low crime rate, which means that one will be away from a life of crime if given the access to education.
- provide free training courses to unemployed people
- create more job opportunities
- to perfect social welfare system
- the living standard of disadvantaged group can be guaranteed.
- When a society becomes more equal and fair, it is not an extremely demanding job to reduce crimes.
- although tackling crimes is very challenging, crime prevention will be achievable through the precautions mentioned above.
- it needs the commitment of nearly all members of society, from the government to ordinary citizens.
Đề mẫu 2
Since money for postgraduate research is limited, some people think financial support from the government should be only provided for scientific research rather than the research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Bên cạnh Vocabularies các bạn cũng nên học thêm cách viết từng dạng bài Writing IELTS và từ vựng và Flashcard nâng cao trong Topic Government thường gặp trong IELTS Writing - Speaking nếu muốn đạt điểm cao IELTS WRITING TASK 2 nha
Ps: Còn điều gì các em còn thắc mắc trong IELTS nữa không, có thể comment phía dưới để IELTS TUTOR giải đáp nhé! Các em nên share bài Blog lại để khi cần học thì có ngay để học luôn nhé