I."overstate"là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa"nói quá, cường điệu, phóng đại"
=If you say that someone is overstating something, you mean they are describing it in a way that makes it seem more important or serious than it really is.
- The authors no doubt overstated their case with a view to catching the public's attention.
- The importance of health education cannot be overstated.
- Don't overstate the case. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đừng quan trọng hoá vấn đề thế)
- Don't try to overstate the truths. I know them all. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đừng cố gắng phóng đại/nói quá sự thật. Tôi biết tất cả rồi)
- The impact of the new legislation has been greatly overstated.
- He may have overstated his ability in the interview.
- The shareholders seem to think that the executive board is overstating the case for a merger.