1. Mang nghĩa"hết sức cố gắng"
=If you work hard doing something, you are very active or work intensely, with a lot of effort.
2. Mang nghĩa"sâu sát, chú ý kĩ"
=If you look, listen, or think hard, you do it carefully and with a great deal of attention.
- He looked at me hard.
- You had to listen hard to hear the old man breathe.
- People are having to think hard about their holiday plans.
3. Mang nghĩa"mưa nặng hạt, mưa to"
=if it rains or snows hard, a lot of rain or snow falls
4. Mang nghĩa"chắc, mạnh, nhiều"
=If you strike or take hold of something hard, you strike or take hold of it with a lot of force.
5. Mang nghĩa"liên tục"
=You can use hard to indicate that something happens intensely and for a long time.
- I've never seen Terry laugh so hard.
- It was snowing hard by then.