I. "feel" vừa là nội động từ, vừa là ngoại động từ, vừa là linking verb
II. Cách dùng
1. Dùng"feel"như linking verb
Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy"
=If you feel a particular emotion or physical sensation, you experience it / if something feels soft, hard etc, that is what it is like when you touch it
- I am feeling very depressed.
- I will always feel grateful to that little guy.
- I remember feeling sick.
- ...soldiers who once felt proud to wear their uniforms.
- I felt as if all my strength had gone.
- to feel certain that (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cảm thấy, chắc rằng)
- to feel cold (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cảm thấy lạnh)
- I felt like I was being kicked in the teeth every day.
- The metal felt smooth and cold.
- The ten-foot oars felt heavy and awkward.
- It felt wintry cold that day.
- It felt strange being on my own again.
- It certainly felt good to be back home.
- The clock said it was only eight o’clock but it felt like midnight.
- Your hair feels so soft.
- The table felt like plastic, not wood.
2. Dùng"feel"như ngoại động từ
1. Mang nghĩa"tạo cảm giác như, cảm nhận được"
=If you feel an object, you touch it deliberately with your hand, so that you learn what it is like, for example what shape it is or whether it is rough or smooth.
- She felt the child’s forehead to see if he was feverish.
- Feel this scarf – it’s incredibly soft!
- The doctor felt his head.
- air feels chilly (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: không khí hình như lạnh)
- this cloth feels like velvet (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vải này sờ tạo cảm giác như nhung)
- When dry, feel the surface and it will no longer be smooth.
- Feel how soft the skin is in the small of the back.
- Her eyes squeezed shut, she felt inside the tin, expecting it to be bare.
2. Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy có ai/cái gì đang sờ vào người mình"
=to notice something that is touching you or something that is happening to your body
- Can you feel the draught coming from under the door?
- I could feel his hot breath on my neck.
- I suddenly felt something brush against my arm.
- I felt him pulling against me.
- Donna felt herself dozing and sat upright.
3. Mang nghĩa"bị tác động"
=to be affected by something
- People should feel the benefits of the tax cuts by next month.
- I’m sure we all feel his death very keenly.
4. Mang nghĩa"cảm thấy mình đang bị cái gì"
=If you feel yourself doing something or being in a particular state, you are aware that something is happening to you which you are unable to control.
- I felt myself blush.
- If at any point you feel yourself becoming tense, make a conscious effort to relax.
- I actually felt my heart quicken
3. Dùng"feel" như nội động từ
=to try to find something with your hands, especially because you cannot see clearly
- I felt around on the ground but couldn’t find the torch.
- Adam felt in the pocket of his shorts for the key.
4. Dùng"feel"vừa như nội động từ vừa như ngoại động từ
Mang nghĩa"có ý kiến rằng, suy nghĩ rằng"
=to have a particular way of thinking about something, especially one that depends on your emotions rather than on facts or evidence
- I feel that more should be done to help young people.
- I don’t know how Mary feels about eating meat.
- I know that Sally feels quite strongly about this issue.
- We felt it an appropriate gesture in the circumstances.
- He always felt it necessary to explain his actions.