- Close friend
- enjoy each other's company: thích sự bên cạnh của người đó
ex: Steve and Noah are always together, they definitely enjoy each other's company.
- friends are like second family
- have a shoulder to cry on
ex: I wish you'd been here when my cat died and I needed a shoulder to cry on.
- to be well-matched = have a lot in common = 1 cặp trời sinh
- to get along with sb = to get on well with
- keep in touch with sb # lose touch with sb
- ups and downs: lên rồi xuống, thăng trầm
ex: Like most married couples we've had our ups and downs, but life's like that.
- meet up ==> meet up with sb ==> meet up to do sth
Meet up nếu đi với with phải có sb ở sau, còn meet up thì sẽ đứng 1 mình
They suggested we meet up at Mustafa's.
The Retail Congress gives people a chance to meet up with retailers from other parts of the world.
Departmental managers meet up once a month to discuss their concerns.
- have been through thick and thin together
ex: She has stuck with me through thick and thin.
- confide in sb = nhỏ to tâm sự
ex: She's nice, but I don't feel I can confide in her.
- tolerate = tha thứ, bao dung
ex: I will not tolerate that kind of behaviour in my class.
- live in harmony with them: sống chan hòa
- make me feel isolated from the whole world
- cyber friends: bạn qua mạng
- genuine friends
- to build bridges: to improve relationships between people who are very different or do not like each other: --> idiom: gắn kết
- birds of a feather flock together: ngưu tầm ngưu mã tầm mã
- to be on the same page: đồng ý với ai đó
- to speak / talk the same language: đồng thuận, thấu hiểu
- know sb inside out: biết tất tần tật
- to make friends easily
- look out for each other = respect sb
- strike up a friendship: start a friendship
- form / develop a friendship
- a friendship grows
- a casual acquaintance: quen biết xã giao
- Two heads are better than one
- get to know someone
- break the ice: đập tan bầu không khí