- Từ đồng nghĩa hay còn gọi là Synonym rất rất quan trọng trong IELTS cả 4 kĩ năng, tuy nhiên không nhiều bạn biết cách học từ đồng nghĩa synonym như thế nào cho hợp lí. Hôm nay, IELTS TUTOR xin giới thiệu đến các bạn tầm quan trọng của Synonym
- Đối với Reading, hôm trước IELTS TUTOR đã có giới thiệu đến các em tầm quan trọng của từ vựng đối với IELTS READING các em tìm đọc nhé!
1. Tầm quan trọng của từ đồng nghĩa trong IELTS Writing
- Từ đồng nghĩa quá quan trọng lí do là vì các bạn sẽ phải sử dụng từ đồng nghĩa trong việc Paraphrase lại câu hỏi của đề bài
- Có rất nhiều cách Paraphrase nhưng một trong những cách dễ và hiệu quả nhất là sử dụng từ đồng nghĩa
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
Ví dụ 1:
The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Way = feasible measure
- Environmental problem = environmental degradation
- Increase the cost of fuel = raise the price of fuel
- The best way to solve = an effective solution
Như vậy sau khi paraphrase từ đồng nghĩa xong, IELTS TUTOR sẽ có câu:
- Environmental degradation is one of the most alarming issues that we are facing. While some people agree that the most feasible measure to deal with this problem is to raise the price of fuel, I think it is an effective solution, but far from being the best.
Ví dụ 2:
On the one hand, it is undeniable that the higher cost of fuel will ameliorate environmental contamination. The more expensive gas, petrol and oil become, the less people burn them for commuting demand. For this reason, CO2 emissions will decline dramatically, curbing the possibility of global warming. Furthermore, this money can be invested in reducing the quantity of pollutants released into the air. For example, government will have more funding for research projects to find out eco-friendly energy sources or upgrade pollutant treating system, so the environment can be protected.
- The higher cost of fuel = the more expensive gas, petrol and oil become
- Ameliorate environmental contamination = environment can be protected
Ví dụ 3:
Many students often have difficulty getting a job after graduation
= Many students often have problems finding work upon graduation
= Many university graduates struggle to find work
Ví dụ 4:
There are several benefits to studying arts subjects at school
=There are several benefits to the introduction of arts-based subjects within a school environment
Ví dụ 5:
It seems to me that it would be better for primary school students to start school at the age of five /when they reach five years of age
= In my view, it would be better for primary school students to start school at the age of five /when they reach five years of age
Ví dụ 6:
It is not easy for most young people to find work in big cities
= Finding work in a big city has never been easy for young job seekers
Ví dụ 7:
Children can gain a great deal of real experience if they start work from a young age
= Children can gain a great amount of practical experience if they start work from a young age
Ví dụ 8:
Children should be taught to be independent from a young age
= Children should be trained in life skills from a young age
Ví dụ 9:
If students work hard, they will be more likely to be successful in their (future) careers.
= Working harder makes students more likely to succeed in their future life
= Hard work plays an important role in career success.
Ví dụ 10:
The elderly (old people) will stay healthy if they exercise regularly
= It would be beneficial for the elderly to exercise on a regular basis.
Ví dụ 11:
Qualifications are not always important because many jobs require real experience.
= Many jobs require real/practical experience rather than qualifications
Ví dụ 12:
For (university) graduates, it is not easy to get a high-paying job.
= It has never been easy for recent graduates to find well remunerated work
Ví dụ 13:
What many university graduates need is a high-paying job
= a well paid job is what many graduates want
Ví dụ 14:
The labour market is becoming increasingly competitive, which causes many people who do not have any qualifications to find it difficult get a good job
Áp dụng paraphrase với từ đồng nghĩa IELTS TUTOR sẽ có các câu mới sau đây:
= The labour market is becoming increasingly competitive
, which causes many people without any qualifications to struggle to get a good job.
= An increasingly competitive labour market
means that many people without any qualifications struggle to get a good job
= An increasingly competitive labour market means fewer job opportunities for recent graduates
2. Cách học từ đồng nghĩa
- Học theo chủ đề
- Sử dụng từ điển online Thesaurus (gặp từ nào paraphrase từ đó, tra rồi học thêm):
Trang từ điển này cung cấp rất đa dạng các từ đồng nghĩa, khoảng 30 từ được sắp xếp theo mức độ đồng nghĩa khác nhau.
3. Các từ đồng nghĩa thường gặp
- (Primary/Primary) School children
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The government should ban advertising aimed at primary schoolchildren
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: A primary school in London started to provide free meals for its pupils last year.