TỪ VỰNG IELTS TOPIC TRAVEL
TỪ VỰNG IELTS TOPIC TRAVEL
Bên cạnh hướng dẫn cách phân tích đề thi IELTS WRITING TASK 2, đề thi thật ngày 4/8/2020 General Training, cùng bài sửa của giáo viên IELTS TUTOR cho bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE đi thi thật ngày đó, IELTS TUTOR khuyên các em cũng nên tranh thủ dịp nghỉ lễ ôn lại các từ vựng dành riêng cho Topic Travelling - Holiday, để có đi du lịch gặp foreigners thì còn biết đường mà chém nhé!
I. TỪ VỰNG CHUNG VỀ TOPIC TRAVEL
1. Danh từ về các kì nghỉ
- Short break: A short holiday – Kỳ nghỉ ngắn ngày
E.g: I feel so stressed after a hard – working week that I am certainly going to have a short break this weekend.
- Sightseeing: Đi tham quan chủ yếu nhằm mục đích đi và ngắm cảnh
E.g: Most primary – school students are really interested in going sightseeing because they will not have to go to school.
- Package tour = Package holiday: /ˈpækɪdʒ tʊə(r)/a holiday where you purchase the travel and accommodation together (Kỳ nghỉ trọn gói) >> IELTS TUTOR lưu ý chỗ package holiday sở dĩ package là noun mà vẫn dùng được ở đó thì sẽ được lí giải ở điểm ngữ pháp danh từ dùng như tính từ mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn kĩ
E.g: Booking a package tour will help me to save a huge amount of money because buying foods and drinks outside is very expensive.
- Holiday of a lifetime: a special holiday that you are unlikely to repeat (Kỳ nghỉ đặc biệt trong đời)
E.g: Before I am 30 years old, I should have a holiday of a lifetime so that I can enjoy the interesting tastes of life.
- Self-catering: /ˌself ˈkeɪtərɪŋ/ – danh từ không đếm được – a holiday where you supply your own food – Kỳ nghỉ tự phục vụ đồ ăn
E.g: If we have self – catering, we will not only save a lot of money, but also have fresh foods and drinks for ourselves.
- Tourist trap: Somewhere where too many tourists go and where food, drink, entertainment, etc. is more expensive than normal – Nơi nhiều khách du lịch đến và bóc lột khách du lịch (bằng cách lấy tiền đắt)
E.g: I wonder why tourist traps are such appealing places that visitors can spend a huge amount of money.
- Wildlife safari: /ˈwaɪldlaɪf//səˈfɑːri/ – danh từ không đếm được – a holiday, often in Africa, to observe wild animals – Chuyến đi thám hiểm động vật hoang dã
E.g: I am very passionate about animals, so my friends and I are going to have wildlife safari to Africa next week to find out more endangered animals.
2. Danh từ chỉ các thứ cần thiết cho một kỳ nghỉ
- Guided tour: An organised group shown around a place of interest by an expert -Chuyến đi có hướng dẫn viên du lịch
E.g: If you want to travel around Da Nang to enjoy all beautiful landscapes there, you really need to have a guided tour.
- (Youth) hostel: A cheap form of accommodation – Nhà trọ thanh niên (phòng giá rẻ)
E.g: Choosing to stay in a youth hostel when having a holiday is a saving – cost option for everyone.
- Holiday brochure: a glossy publication with details of holiday packages – Cuốn sách nhỏ về những kỳ nghỉ
E.g: It is very nescessary for tourists to read holiday brochures when they have a holiday.
3. Một số danh từ mô tả các địa điểm tham quan
- Places of interest: Sites of interest to tourists – Địa điểm thu hút khách du lịch
E.g: Do you know some places of interest in Da Nang? I am going to have a short break there next week, so I am preparing for this holiday.
- Holiday resort: A place where lots of people go for a holiday – Khu nghỉ dưỡng
E.g: I want to go a holiday resort this weekend so that I can reduce stress after a hard – working week.
- Breathtaking view of ST: An extremely beautiful view – Cảnh đẹp ngoạn mục
E.g: We are enjoying a breathtking view of Da Nang which attracts tons of visitors each year.
- Picturesque village: Very pretty village – Ngôi làng rất đẹp
E.g: When we went to Sa Pa to do some volunteer, we saw a picturesque village where we can’t forget.
- Holiday destination: Where you go for a holiday – Điểm đến
E.g: Sa Pa is a quite popular holiday destination for both local residents and foreigners.
- Out of season: (adj) Outside of the main holiday period – Trái mùa
E.g: We should not go to Ha Giang out of season because there is no breathtaking view to see at that time.
- Stunning landscape: Extremely beautiful countryside – Phong cảnh tuyệt vời của vùng nông thôn
E.g: When standing on the peak of the mountain, we see completely a stunning landscape of Ha Giang.
- Far-off destination: Somewhere a long way away – Điểm đến xa xôi
E.g: South Polar is considered as a far – off destination that few visitors want to come there.
- Travel agent: A shop that specialises in booking holidays – Đại lý du lịch
E.g: I have just stopped by a travel agent near my office to book a flight to Nha Trang.
- Departure lounge: Where you wait for your flight to be called – Phòng chờ khởi hành
E.g: Sitting in the departure lounge makes me excited about this holiday.
- tourist attractions: places which tourists tend to visit.
->Despite not being a tourist attraction, new fountain is very popular among the locals.
- hordes of tourists: crowds of tourists.
->Hordes of tourist can be seen during summer near the city park.
- in the middle of nowhere: in a place that is far away from where most people live.
->My grand-mother lives in the middle of nowhere, but she loves her old little village.
- head for: go in a direction for.
->I’m heading for France for my next holidays.
- all-inclusive: a hotel deal where the price includes accommodation, meals and drinks at any time.
->I’ve never thought that hotels with all-incusive service are so comfortable! You can grab a piece of cake at 6 a.m. or get a cocktail at midnight.
4. Động từ chỉ hoạt động khi đi “Holiday”
- To get away from it all: To take a holiday to escape a busy or stressful lifestyle – Thoát khỏi tất cả đi du lịch để giảm căng thẳng
E.g: I will take a holiday to …. to get away from it all so that I can work effectively in the next week.
- To put one’s feet up/ to let my hair down: To sit down and relax, especially with your feet raised and supported – Thư giãn
E.g: After a hard day’s work, it’s nice to get home and put your feet up.
- To do some sunbathing: Tắm nắng
E.g: It is very healthier if you do some sunbathing in the morning than in the afternoon.
- To try/ sample the local food: Thử các món đặc sản
E.g: It is really wonderful to try the local food when we have a holiday in Hoi An.
- To go out at night: đi chơi buổi tối
E.g: If we go to Ho Chi Minh city, we should spend time going out at night because that is when there are a range of lively activities for the youth.
- To dive: Lặn
E.g: My friends are really excellent at diving, so they will teach you to dive when we go to Sam Son next week.
- To go sailing: Chèo thuyền
E.g: Going sailing is the most interesting game that I have ever played.
- To windsurf: Lướt ván
E.g: Windsurfing is a quite dangerous sport that a few Vietnamese people dare to try.
- To waterski: Trượt nước
E.g: Have ever you waterskied when you were at primary school?
- To laze around on the sandy beach: Nghỉ ngơi, thư giãn bên bãi biển
- E.g: After my friends and I go shopping in Nha Trang, I will spend all afternoon lazing around on the sandy beach.
- To enjoy bustling trade: Tận hưởng sự mua sắm nhộn nhịp
E.g: When you come to Ben Thanh market, you will enjoy bustling trade there.
- To take a sunset cruise: Đi ngắm mặt trời lặn
E.g: It is very romantic if my boyfriend and I can take a sunset cruise in this holiday.
- To dispel the heat of summer: Xua tan cái nắng của mùa hè
E.g: Sam Son is an ideal destination of Ha Noi people in order to dispel the heat of the summer.
- To promote tourism image: Quảng bá hình ảnh du lịch
E.g: To promote tourism image for foreigners, the government should enhance the advertisement system.
II. IDEAS CẦN CHÚ Ý VỀ TOPIC TRAVEL
- When I am free from study, I like to study to different places with my friends or family members
- We make trips to big cities like Nha Trang, ancient towns like….
- Benefits of travelling >> IELTS TUTOR khuyên các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 kèm 1 của IELTS TUTOR phải học thật kĩ các cụm dưới đây
- Experience another culture
- Have a sense of freshness and newness
- Escape from daily life routines
- Get myself well prepared for the future overseas life
- Achieve my lifelong dream of taking a round-the-world tour