- Bên cạnh tổng hợp đầy đủ các lưu ý cần phải nhớ trong IELTS WRITING cũng như phân tích và cung cấp thêm bài sửa chi tiết của Part 1 IELTS SPEAKING của học sinh đi thi thật ngày 4/8/2020, Urbanization/Countryside là một trong những chủ đề xuất hiện rất nhiều trong các đề thi nhiều năm nay
- Hôm nay IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp từ vựng thuộc Topic này qua đó em sẽ nắm rất kĩ từ vựng của topic nhé
1. Từ vựng topic Congestion
2. Từ vựng Topic Traffic & Urbanization
Có thể xem trực tiếp cùng IELTS TUTOR:
- transport infrastructure = the basic structure on which a transport system is built and which makes it able to work
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Developing international tourism in this area may add to the burdens on the already-overburdened transport infrastructure.
- road network= a large road system consisting of many similar parts that are connected together
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Some people complain that the quiet countryside has been ruined by road networks.
- traffic bottleneck= a place where a road is narrow or blocked
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The traffic bottlenecks make goods transport difficult.
- the volume of traffic= the total amount of traffic
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The volume of traffic on the roads has increased dramatically.
- traffic density= the amount of traffic in a place
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Aerial photos can show traffic density.
- be jam-packed= full of people or things that are very close together
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The bus terminal was jam-packed with commuters.
- commuter= someone who has to travel a long distance to work every day
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The bus was jam-packed with complaining commuters.
- petrol= a liquid that is used to supply power to vehicles
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The report gives monthly summaries of regional petrol prices for the UK.
- hybrid car= a car that uses two or more power sources
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: These experts argue that a hybrid car is as reliable as any traditional car.
- Fuel consumption= the burning of coal, gas or oil to produce heat or power
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Driving at high speeds significantly increases your fuel consumption.
- reckless driving= driving without worrying about the possible results
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He was found guilty of reckless driving, fined heavily and disqualified from driving for three months.
- drunk driving= unable to control someone’s own driving behaviour because he/she has drunk too much alcohol
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Drunk driving may cause bodily harm or death and thus should be legally prohibited.
- impair a person’s driving ability= reduce one’s driving ability
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Even the smallest amount of alcohol in the blood can impair a person’s driving ability.
- get somewhere safe and sound = get somewhere unharmed
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It was a difficult drive but we arrived home safe and sound
- IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: là safe and sound là 1 cụm rồi nên không tách ra được nhé
- at the intersection= at a place where roads join or cross each other
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: One way of making sure that the pedestrians are safe is to increase signage at the intersections.
- go over the speed limit= drive a car faster than the fastest speed legally allowed
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Going over the speed limit is particularly dangerous when it snows.
3. Từ vựng Topic Construction:
- under construction= being built
- the construction industry= the building industry
- be a showcase for... = be the event or situation that makes it possible for the best features of sth. to be seen
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Buildings are showcases for the artistic achievement of citizens.
- represent sth. = be typical of sth.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: This building is significant because its exterior represents an excellent example of the post-modem style of architecture.
- central location= convenient for using shopping centres, theaters, etc.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: What about the location? It ’d be nice to be central.
- elegant= with a pleasing and stylish appearance
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The Palace of Westminster is visually elegant.
- be spacious = have a great deal of space inside
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Schools are usually modem in design and spacious inside.
- be a very significant landmark= be an easily recognisable building
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: This building is a very significant landmark in the neighbourhood.
- be an eyesore=be a blot on the landscape= (of buildings) make a place less attractive
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Timothy thinks that outlandish-looking building is a blot on the landscape
- commercial building= a building that is used for business activities
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The project aims to improve the energy efficiency of commercial buildings
- residential building= a building that is used for dwelling purposes
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: They are conducting research on the energy consumed in residential buildings
- theme park= a park that contains a wide variety of rides and shows
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The young couple got great fun and enjoyment by visiting the popular theme parks
- convert sth. into... = cause sth. to change in form
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It’s now in the process o f being converted into a film museum.
4. Từ vựng Topic Countrysides
5. Từ vựng topic City & Infrastructure
6. Đề mẫu Topic này
Đề mẫu 1:
- Nowadays cultures of different countries are becoming more similar than they used to be. What are the reason? Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion and examples.
Đề mẫu 2
- The rising levels of congestion and air pollution found in most of the world cities can be attributed directly to the rapidly increasing number of private cars in use. In order to reverse this decline in the quality of life in cities, attempts must be made to encourage people to use their cars less and public transport more.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Còn điều gì các bạn còn thắc mắc trong cách ôn tập và kỳ thi IELTS, hãy comment ngay phía dưới để IELTS TUTOR giải đáp nhé!
- Share bài Blog lại để khi cần thì có ngay để học luôn nhé