IELTS Vocabulary thường rất khó nhớ, hiểu được sự khó khăn của các bạn trong quá trình học IELTS Vocabularies, cùng với các từ vựng cơ bản trong Topic Technology Internet cơ bản đã giới thiệu tuần trước, tuần này IELTS TUTOR xin giới thiệu các bạn một số Flashcard IELTS rất dễ học, cùng với tổng hợp từ vựng IELTS Writing - Speaking nâng cao của Topic Technology!
1. Tổng hợp từ vựng nâng cao chủ đề Technology trong IELTS Writing - Speaking
become widely available= can be easily obtained or used
EX: The Internet had become widely available to households in the UK by 2000
2) be shrouded in secrecy = not able to be known
EX: The business of national security has been shrouded in secrecy.
3) break new ground = to do something completely different from what has been done before
EX: This biologist and his team members have been breaking new ground in genetic research.
4) Scientific breakthroughs= a scientific discovery or achievement
EX: With more scientific breakthroughs t the study of natural sciences has become more soughtafter in recent years.
5) the advent of sth. = the introduction of new technology,
EX: a new product or a new system The advent of the jet engine resulted in a large number of very fast planes.
6) supersede / supplant sth. = replace something, often as a result of being more powerful
EX: Eventually these were superseded by “ small clock” , or French, hours, which split the day into two 12 hour periods.
7) welcome sth. with open arms = be very pleased with sth.
EX: new TV viewers welcomed the arrival of HDTV with open arms.
8) popularise sth. = make sth. popular or present sth. to the general public
EX:The government has been trying to popularise these ecofriendly cars.
9) dependency on sth. = a situation in which you need something in order to live or succeed
EX: So integral have these timebased technologies become to day to day existence that our dependency on them is recognised only when they fail to work.
10) genetic engineering= scientific alteration of the structure of the genes in a living organism
EX: Genetic engineering can be used to create more productive and diseaseresistant farm animals.
11) genetically-modified food= crop plants created for human consumption using the latest molecular biology technology
EX:Gene transfer from genetically modified food to cells of the human body has caused public concern.
12) minimise the risk of sth. = to reduce sth. harmful or unpleasant to the smallest amount or degree
EX: By minimising human involvement, the idea was to minimise the risk of flawed results.
13) Cloud computing= a term for any computing system that delivers hosted services over the Internet
EX:Cloud computing will permit access to multiple data centers anywhere on Earth.
14) telecommuting= the use of telecommunication to work outside the traditional office
EX:The benefits of telecommuting include energy conservation improved workplace safety and enhanced family values.
15) Meteorological satellites= spacecraft that can be used to observe changes in weather patterns
EX: Meteorological satellites have been used to monitor the weather and climate of the Earth.
16) communications equipment= equipment for verbal communication
EX:Soldiers will benefit from the communications equipment during natural disasters.
17) teleconferencing = group communication through an electronic medium
EX:Teleconferencing allows large companies to work more efficiently.
18) a manned mission = a spaceflight carrying or performed by human beings
EX:These scientists are discussing the possibility of a manned mission to Mars.
19) zero gravity / weightlessness = the state of having no weight, especially because of being outside the Earth’s atmosphere
EX: There are unique benefits in carrying out scientific research in space because of zero gravity.
20) experiment with sth. = try new methods or new ideas in order to find out what result they will have
EX: Pilkington had been experimenting with improving the melting process.
21) satisfy human curiosity = tell us or show us what we want to hear or to see a good reason to support space exploration is to satisfy human curiosity.
22) hard-won discovery = a discovery made after a great deal of effort
EX:That their minds are not different from our own is demonstrated by the fact that the hardwon discovery of scientists like Kepler or Einstein become the commonplace knowledge of schoolchildren.
23) space race = the competition tor supremacy in outer space
EX: Some people argue that the space race is just a pointless waste of taxpayers’money.
24) social networking websites = websites that people can use to chat, play games and connect with friends and family members
EX:social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter are a good way to make connections with people with similar interests and goals.
25) interact with = communicate and react to one another
EX: The way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
26) identity theft = pretending to be someone else by assuming that person’s identity
EX:Since the Internet does not require enough identification to confirm the user being the same with the owner, identity theft prevention is a very important issue.
27) e-mail fraud = the use of emails to defraud another person of money
EX:Three local men were convicted of email fraud.
28) e-mail spamming = the practice of sending junk emails to a large number of people
EX:Email spamming can be very confusing and annoying.
29) artificial intelligence = the use of computer technology to make computers and other machines think and do things in the way people can
EX: As information management becomes increasingly complex, artificial intelligence will allow us to share information within and across organisations.
30) a high-tech gizmo = a small piece of hightech equipment
EX: This hightech gizmo is a fat removal device
31) superconductor = a substance that allows an electric current to move freely through
EX:it at a very low temperature The use of maglev with superconductors has been on the rise.
32) supersonic = faster than the speed of sound
EX: Supersonic travel can considerably reduce flight time.
33) be mechanised = be done by machine but be previously done by people or animals
EX:Mechanised farming has reduced the cost of production of various crops.
34) mass production = the process of producing large quantities of goods by using machines
EX: Some people argue that mass production of standardised goods on assembly lines is uncreative.
35) Silicon Valley = a region south of San Francisco, which is known for its huge number of IT companies.
36) information highway = the global information and communications network
EX:There is a huge amount of information on the information highway, ranging from government services to technical support.
37) speed up the pace of sth. = quicken the pace of sth.
EX: The agency’s services have helped laboratories to speed up the pace of scientific discovery.
38) set priorities = identify sth. important that must be done first
EX: The agency will set priorities for their scientific research.
39) virtual reality = an environment that is created with software and is presented to users in such a way that users believe it is real In the future children may find human relationships inconvenient and confusing, and prefer to stay inside a virtual reality.
40) high-definition = having resolution much higher than traditional devices
EX: Highdefinition TV can give the audience clear, crisp pictures with vivid colours
41) bring liberation from sth. = free a person from sth.
EX:Automation systems have brought liberation from exhausting labour and have set us free to enjoy more interesting work and leisure
42) automation = the use of machines to do work instead of people
EX:Some people argue that automation will result in the loss of jobs.
43) boost crop yield = increase the amount of crops that are produced
EX:The farmers avidly took to pesticides as a sure measure to b«wst crop yield.
44) It is conceivable that... = possible to imagine It is conceivable that robots will steadily replace humans in repetitive jobs.
45) realise the untapped potential of... = use the ability that is not being used at present
EX:These experts believe cloud computing will help many companies to realise their untapped potential.
46) Some scientific evidence has emerged to the contrary. = There are research results that run counter to this.
EX:There has never been any unbiased evidence that this disease is genetic; in fact, some .scientific evidence has emerged to the contrary.
47) There is considerable evidence suggesting that... = There is ample evidence that... Section 2: SPECIFIC TOPIC RELATED VOCABULARIES:
CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT
scientific and technological advance (or progress)
technological innovations technological inventions advance v. & n.
EX: ...have transformed (or fundamentally changed/completely changed)... breakthrough n.
cutting-edge technology hi-tech adj.
hi-tech features digital adj.
EX:an increasing popularity (or prevalence) of.../...be increasingly prevalent (or popular). ……
the information age (or era)
information explosion (or overload) the proliferation of the Internet
the extensive use of the Internet
the widespread use of the Internet surf on the Internet
log on (or onto) the Internet social networking
EX:social networking websites promote (or facilitate) communication have (or gain) more access to information obtain information in various ways with the click of a mouse with the click on the keyboard geographical barrier hacker n. hack (into) v. hack n.
OTHER FIELDS, IN PRODUCTION
at a staggering (or astonishing)
rate productive adj.
enhance (or boost/augment) efficiency or productivity machinery n.
labor-saving machinery labor-replacing machinery automation n.
EX:traditional way of (or conventional method of) online retailer cost-effective biotechnology n. clone n. & v. cloning n. gene n. genetic adj. genetically modified adj. one’s genetic makeup (or DNA programming) space exploration
EX:The problem of...is becoming increasingly sever (or disturbing/grave/worrying/ serious/worrisome/troublesome) …… increasing work pressure and less quality family time
EX:cyber crime security issues violate ( or intrude on/infringe on) sb.’s privacy
identity theft pirate v.
EX: questionable contents such as pornography and violence damage one’s health weakened eyesight radiation n.
EX: less outdoor exercise indulge in (or be lost in) a virtual world be isolated from the real world weaken the relationships with family and friends become solitary
1. advanced science
2. scientific invention
3. exert a far-reaching impact on…
4. double-edged sword
5. earthshaking changes
6. pay the way for the future development
7. lay a solid foundation for…
8. energy crisis
9. depletion of resources
11. sophisticated equipment
12. technical innovation
16. a heated discussion
17. exhaust gas
20. compared to/with…
21. usher in
22. speedy and comfortable
23. opposite forces
24. a fatal breakdown
25. potential hazards
26. pose a threat to…
27. promote relative industries
29. means of transportation
30. transportation tools
31. social status
32. environmentallyfriendly resources
33. make people's life easier
34. alternative fuel
35. sustainable development
36. scientific exploration
37. air travel
41. overcome difficulties
42. make progress
43. a sense of national pride
46. give a great push to the economic growth
47. see dramatic breakthroughs
50. cureall solution
1. introduce new science and technology
2. promote and popularize new products
3. the maximum choice of products
4. a love for nature
5. fastpaced modern life…
6. keep abreast with
7. everaccelerated updating of
8. pose major technological hurdles
9. cuttingedged(adj) technology
10. information explosion/ information overload
11. the information age/ the information era
12. the proliferation of the Internet
13. technological innovations/ inventions/ advances/ progressions
14. augment/ enhance/ boost(vts) efficiency
16. laborsaving machinery
17. laborreplacing machinery
18. automation (noun)/ automated (adj)
20. cloning (noun) clone (verb)
22. space exploration
2. Một số bài đọc hiểu, IELTS Writing mẫu chủ đề Technology
3. Flashcard ứng dụng từ vựng thường gặp chủ đề Technology trong IELTS Writing - Speaking
Sau khi đã nắm vững từ vựng thuộc Topic Technology - Internet trong IELTS Writing - Speaking trên, các em cũng nên học thêm từ vựng trong những topic thường gặp khác trong IELTS, ví dụ như từ vựng thường gặp trong Topic Government IELTS Writing - Speaking mà IELTS TUTOR đã giới thiệu trước đó để nâng cao từ vựng của mình luôn các em nhé!
Ps: Còn điều gì các em còn thắc mắc trong IELTS nữa không, có thể comment phía dưới để IELTS TUTOR giải đáp nhé!
Các em nên share bài Blog lại để khi cần học thì có ngay để học luôn nhé. Em nào muốn tự động NHẬN THÔNG BÁO khi IELTS TUTOR viết bài Blog mới thì Subscribe Email phía dưới nhé!
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly